Re: [Exim] LMTP support

Top Pagina
Auteur: Philip Hazel
Aan: John Holman
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] LMTP support
On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, John Holman wrote:

> Are there plans to implement LMTP in exim in the near future? (I know it is
> already on the wishlist!).

Oddly, I was thinking about this only today. As regular readers will
know, I have been trying to write a book, and therefore not spending
much time on the code itself. In a month or so I hope that this will
move into another phase and that I will have some time to start doing
development again (in the meantime, 3.16 will appear with more bug
fixes). I haven't yet decided what to tackle, but LMTP is one obvious
candidate. Cyrus seems to be getting more popular, and if it is going
this route, then it seems a good idea to start thinking about it. My
plan is to have some kind of major release towards the end of the year,
but that is not a promise!