Re: [Exim] exim in large-scale production environment

Top Pagina
Auteur: J.R. Van Valen
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] exim in large-scale production environment
Thank you all for your help! This definitely seems possible and I have a
lot to work with to get started.

As for the 7 POP/IMAP servers: We find that it is much more effecient at
eliminating the effect of mail outages. If one of the servers has issues,
then only 1/7th of our user-base can not access mail.

This definitely lightens the load for our help desk during mail outages.
If we were to use fewer servers, then during a mail outage, our HelpDesk
would be (and has been) swamped with a nearly un-manageable amount of
calls.

We made this change about a year ago and I'll have to say that it has by
far been one of the best changes we have made to our mail infastructure.

Regards,
J.R. Van Valen