[Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Exim setup done and it works ok, but...
Greetings all,

Although I was somewhat sceptical of exim at the start, I installed Exim
on my home computer and after setting the qualify domain name to
lintux.cx, I found that every thing is ok (Ie my mail doesn't bounce). And
I ran a few tests and the results are very good, as far as I could make it
out qmail and exim are equaly good, and outperform and have a much less
memory footprint thatn that utter monstrosity sendmail and since exim is
quite easily configured and has a whole lot of options I have decided to
make my MTA Exim.

I think I am resonably confident ;) now of installing it on a clients
machine, But I would like to ask whether there is anyway of changing the
text "MAILER_DAEMON" message that exim sends when the user gives a invalid
address to something more friendly like "Hi this is the exim
program...etc", because I find that the default text is somewhat
machinelike and gives no idea of what the MTA is?

I read the doc's and know how to change the warning times for yet
undelivered mail which my uses like...exim sure looks good and I am happy
:)

Thanks All,
Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)