Re: [Exim] Msgs discarded when queue running

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: John Horne
CC: Exim Users List
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Msgs discarded when queue running
On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, John Horne wrote:

> 1) How can I tell if the exim 'queue' is being processed by a queue runner
> process? I.e. is it possible to run a command or something? The only way I
> can think of is to look in the main log for the queue start/end messages.

Run exiwhat.

> 2) When we send a message to all the staff or students at the Uni, it is
> processed by a director which calls a filter file, and has the system
> actions enabled. This filter checks that it is the first deliuvery, and if so
> logs the fact that at message is being sent to all staff/students. It then
> freezes the message. The postmaster(s) then unfreeze the message and it gets
> picked up by a subsequent forwardfile director which sends the message out.
>
> This works fine unless a queue runner is already running. If it is then the
> message is just discarded - the log says 'discarded ...D=special_filter'.

Do you mean a queue runner is running when the message is submitted, or
at any time before the postmaster unfreezes it? In either case, I can't
think why that should happen.

> If I explicitly send the message using 'exim -M ...' then it works. However,
> usually a local program is run which uses the options '-qqffR' and this
> fails (produces the discarded message).

Can you do this with -d9? If so, please send me the output. Actually,
-d10 would be better, to see the filter actions. (I take it this is a
recent version of Exim?)