Re: [Exim] -qq option

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Chris Keane
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] -qq option

PH> Meanwhile, look at lines starting at 1626 in transports/smtp.c:

PH> [ ... ]

PH> Try changing the first one to read

  PH>     if ((!deliver_force || queue_2stage) && (queue_smtp ||

Great! Thanks, Philip - this did the trick again. Another very speedy fix!

PH> (Of course, an alternative is to use -qq instead of -qqf.)

Sadly this won't do what I want. I can't set queue_remote_domains or
queue_smtp_domains, because when I'm at work I have a permanent outside link
so want external mail to get sent immediately. But this means that when
I'm at home, if I send some mail (no network connection => it gets deferred)
and then very shortly afterwards bring up the ppp link, that mail hasn't
reached its retry time so -qq won't flush it - hence I have to use -qqf.

I suppose I could set queue_remote_domains and then use something like
exim -bd -q1m...but I'd sooner do the -qqf thing when ppp0 comes up.

Thanks again!
Chris.