Re: [Exim] lowest MX record - strange situation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dmitry Alyabyev
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] lowest MX record - strange situation
On 12 Jul 2000 14:14:29 +0300, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

>Anyhow, the MX specs say that exim *must* not deliver to
>
>if the current host is
>
>since bouncing mail between equally prefered MXes is a mail loop and a
>bad thing(tm).

Agree fully.
But what about line:
    123.com preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.123.com

Nigel, I don't want to fight about "is it good/bad way to put one host
with several preferences ?". It's not restricted neither by RFCs
neither by others rules so lets stop talk about that point.

What I want to know is: is it right way to do like Exim has done ?
Why Exim will try to deliver the message by other way instead to try
deliver it to died relays, stop to do it after retry-timeout and send
error message to sender ?

Domain 123.com is not local for relay.mydomain.com !!!

--
Dimitry