[Exim] Intermittently connected host

Top Pagina
Auteur: Wolf-Guido Lutz
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Intermittently connected host
Hello,

I am trying to connect an intermittently connected Exchange Server using
exim as the backup MX. I have configured this the easy way by deferring the
messages as long as the exchange isn't online and then retrying them on an
'ETRN #domain' command.

However, I would like to solve it the way it is mentioned in the FAQ. Using
a router/transport for writing messages to a file in bsmtp format and then
using 'ETRN domain' for delivery. Does anybody have any sample
routers/transports for this? And are ther any alternatives to ssmtp (as
stated in FAQ) for delivering mail? Because it doesn't seem to keep the
original sender address when reading from the file (maybe it's just my
misconfiguration, but I'd like to consider other programs anyway)

Sorry if this is trivial - I'm doing my best... ;-)

TIA,
Wolf-Guido Lutz
CLIPPERnet GmbH