Re: [Exim] lowest MX record - strange situation

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dmitry Alyabyev
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] lowest MX record - strange situation
Hello

On 10 Jul 2000 22:16:08 +0300, Philip Hazel wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Dmitry Alyabyev wrote:
>
>> 2000-07-10 15:07:40 13BcLa-0005Dv-00 == if@??? R=lookuphost defer
>> (-1): lowest numbered MX record points to local host
>
>> 123.com preference = 30, mail exchanger = relay2.mydomain.com
>> 123.com preference = 20, mail exchanger = mail.123.com
>> 123.com preference = 10, mail exchanger = mail.123.com
>> 123.com preference = 20, mail exchanger = relay.mydomain.com
>> 123.com nameserver = mail.123.com
>> 123.com nameserver = ns.mydomain.com
>> 123.com nameserver = nss.mydomain.com
>>
>> Exim-host is relay.mydomain.com
>>
>> Comment (or the clue): host mail.123.com is down.
>
>Does it have a proper A record? (I assume it does, but it is worth
>asking. As you didnt' give the real domain, I can't check.)

Yes, it does.

>> But why exim doesn't try to deliver it to mail.123.com every time
>> because of lowest MX ?
>
>Try running a delivery with -d9 to see if that gives any clue.

Unfortunately now that's all right with first relay (mail.123.com) and
all messages are going to the relay without any problems.
It's impossible to put mail.123.com down now and check it out then.

>On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Andrew wrote:
>
>> It may have something to do with the fact that mail.123.com has a priority
>> of both 10 and 20
>> remove the pref =20 one.
>
>Indeed. I noticed that too. What Exim should do is ignore the =20 one.

Why ? What is wrong in the MX-list ?
IFAIK that is normal behavior when you put one host several times with
different preference and have several hosts with the same pref. as
well.
I must to say what I've never seen a problem like this with Sendmail.

I understand what if first (lowest) relay is down Exim will try to
connect to anothers (with pref. 20) but it's extremely wrong to treat
itself like "lowest MX record" in the case.

Is there some unclear understanding the MX-list by Exim ?

Thanks.
--

Best rgds,                      Dimitry

nic-hdl: DYA7-RIPE          http://www.al.org.ua