Re: [Exim] Exim content-filtering project

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: David Aylesworth
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim content-filtering project
daylesworth@??? said:
> We are looking for a software developer familiar with Exim to assist
> us in adding content filtering and anti-virus hooks into the
> software.

Do you mean content modification or simply content checking?

I did some modifications earlier in the year to allow exim to be hooked
up to the Brightmail spamwall system - which basically takes messages
and puts them through an API to their server and makes decisions about
delivery based on that. I am intending to refresh (and publically
release) those to make them more acceptably efficient, but while I was
doing that I was aiming to put perl hooks in which would allow an
arbitary message scanner to be built which runs during the read-in
phase.

This would also mean I'd need to save a chunk of state for later, and
it would then be available in a system filter.

Modification of content is a completely different ball game - I don't
want to go there.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]