Re: [Exim] Filtering by subject

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: I.S. Manager
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Filtering by subject
At 01:43 PM 7/11/00 -0600, Sherwood Botsford wrote:

>The problem with this is that the filter list can get out of hand.

Ayep. Exactly what I'm concerned about.

>Since the filters are applied linearly, as soon as you've collected
>a few thousand spams messages, your performance will go down the
>tubes. (Ok, if it's only filtering a few dozen messages per day
>you don't care...)

It seems to me that 90% of the spam that I get consists of a few dozen
different ones, repeated regularly. I really don't mind manually updating
the filter, but I *would* like the process to be reasonably efficient. Thus
my hope that it could be done in a db search in some way.

>1. Use the rbl, rss, and dul domains. I recently added rss and
>dul to my primary server here, and found that the amount of spam
>has dropped markedly.

We've got exim putting a warning header on mail coming from any
ORBS-flagged domains. A *lot* of legitimate stuff ends up with that header.
I'd be very wary about out-and-out rejecting stuff. (aside: doesn't ORBS
have a bit of a rep for being nutso about listing domains at the drop of a
hat?)

>[ Hotmail used to be a major problem. They've cleaned up their
>act. On the rare occasions I get hotmail spam, bouncing it
>to abuse@??? gets speedy results. ]

I always assumed anything with a From: hotmail was just forged.

---
Dennis Taylor
---
The opinions expressed herein are mine. Get your own opinions!
---