Re: [Exim] Exim seems to be changing my mail headers??

Autor: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
A: Philip Hazel
CC: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel, John Allen, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim seems to be changing my mail headers??
On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, The awesome and feared Philip Hazel commented thusly,

> On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel wrote:
>
> > Indeed, Since I am impressed by exims configurability ,I am actually very
> > much surprised why anyone can't post using a different email addy...That
> > means that if exim is running on a machine called mail.com then all the
> > users will have to post as <user@???> , ie if a user wanted to post
> > using another address like <user@???> he wouldn't be able to do
> > it. At least that is what I have gathered.
>
> A user can use any From: header they like, but it will (by default - see
> my posting about trusted users) insist on an authenticated Sender:
> header and envelope sender. This is what you want on a multi-user system
> with untrustworthy users. It was the "standard" way of doing things 10
> years ago when personal computers on the net were unheard of. Times have
> changed, and I guess people have to accept these days that there are
> just going to be more forged sender addresses.

Thank you for the above clarification.....

Best Wishes,
Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)
Writing this post took me 17 seconds...