[Exim] DNS problem or exim config?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Derrick MacPherson
To: Exim Users List
Betreff: [Exim] DNS problem or exim config?
I'm having a bit of trouble with RBL rejections and DNS
issues, and am
wondering if someone doesn't mind lending their time and
expertise to
help me figure this out? I wouldn't mind doing this offline,
and posting
the results instead of filling the list with a bunch of
questions and answers
that lead down the wrong garden path.

Error log has many references like:

recipients refused from [0.0.0.0] (RBL rbl.maps.vix.com)

It seems to be happening for various senders, and most are
valid hosts that
are not on the RBL. Why am I seeing the IP as 0.0.0.0? If I
run nslookup
on the correct IP address it resolves addresses fine, BUT I
have a few
references that confuse me. I am seeing also:

unqualified recipient rejected: <unsubscribepdf-basics>
H=([207.6.129.22])
    [255.255.255.255] (failed to find host name from IP
address)
    Recipients: Majordomo@???

I know that the recipient address is valid, and DNS resolves
for that host
(reverse as well).

Suggestions?
my config, http://www.multimedia.edu/exim.config