Re: [Exim] Exim seems to be changing my mail headers??

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
To: John Allen
CC: exim-users, Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Exim seems to be changing my mail headers??
On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, The awesome and feared John Allen commented thusly,

> (from Philip Hazel)
> > Another approach that might help is to use Exim's rewrite rules in some
> > way if you can bend them to do what you want.
> >
> I'm a total newcomer to exim, but my setup sounds a bit like your "grendel";
> I dealt with this by adding the following in my exim.conf:

> #                      REWRITE CONFIGURATION                         #

> allen@??? allen@??? FfRs
>
> end
>
> Here, "kirtley.midland" is my local host/domain (quite meaningless outside
> our home LAN), exim happily rewrites this to allen@??? in every
> outgoing message (see the headers to this message).

Thanks, this is also a solution, but since I have many email addreses, I
would like to be able to post in anyone I wish. Fr ex: for news group
postings I would like to post as <kalum@???> since I don't mind that
addy been caught by spammers, but for personal communications I would like
to use another email address like <kalum@???>...etc the reason why
I use PINES roles feature...

So the solution you suggested would be perfect if I had only one address
like you have for example..unfortunately I would like to able to post
under different email addresses too..

> So far I haven't discovered anything which exim can't do, even in a setup
> far removed from that envisaged by its designer...

Indeed, Since I am impressed by exims configurability ,I am actually very
much surprised why anyone can't post using a different email addy...That
means that if exim is running on a machine called mail.com then all the
users will have to post as <user@???> , ie if a user wanted to post
using another address like <user@???> he wouldn't be able to do
it. At least that is what I have gathered.

Isn't it strange that exim can't be configured to let this fairly common
occurence happen?? AFAIK other mailer qmail, even that monstrosity
sendmail allow this..

Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)