Re: [Exim] hostname lookups fail - nameserver never gets que…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Roman Milner
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] hostname lookups fail - nameserver never gets queried
On 10 Jul 2000, Roman Milner wrote:

> Whenever I'm sending a mail with exim I get " == rmilner@???
> R=lookuphost defer (-1): host lookup did not complete" - I get this
> no matter what domain I send to. (Full details with -d9 are below.)
>
> So, I turned on query logging on the DNS and exim is not sending any
> query to the DNS. Calling gethostbyname() by hand works, but setting
> gethostbyname = true in my lookuphost router doesn't help. The
> nameserver is able to resolv this host fine.

Not true. Exim is trying to look up an MX record in the DNS.

> Below I have output for an nslookup on the domain I'm sending to and
> from exim -d9 -M. Thanks in advance.

What do you get from an nslookup that explicitly looks for MX records?

> routing rmilner@???, domain pointone.com
> lookuphost router called for rmilner@???
> dns lookup: route_domain = pointone.com
> DNS lookup of pointone.com (MX) gave TRY_AGAIN

See? Here Exim is trying to look up an MX record, and the resolver is
giving TRY_AGAIN as the result.

Why this should happen is mysterious. Exim just calls the resolver in
what I believe is a pretty standard way. If you run with -d11 instead of
-d9 it will call the resolver with debugging turned on, so you can see
the DNS queries is uses. This may give us a clue as to what is going on.

My version of Exim can resolve pointone.com just fine.