[Exim] Exim seems to be changing my mail headers??

Author: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim seems to be changing my mail headers??
Greetings,

Thanks to all who helped me to clarifyi my doubts about exims
security in a earlier thread,
So I happily installed exim..
Since this is my home machine I use a nonexistant domain name called
roadrunner.grendel.net.

The problem is that *although* my mail composer (PINE) says that the mail
is from <kalum@lintux> , when Exim tries to deliver mail instead of saying
that the sender is <kalum@???> it says
<kalum@???> which is immediately rejected as a
nonexistent domain so my mail bounces.

Why is this strange behaviour from Exim and how can I change it..I want to
deliver the mail as the header says is, ie: just say the sender is what it
the mail composer says,ie: kalum@lintux, instead of mesing it up...

I did RTFM and I am completely puzzled...

here are snippets from my configure file

qualify_domain = roadrunner.grendel.net
local_domains = localhost:roadrunner:grendel:roadrunner.grendel.net

Those are the changes I did to the default configure file apart from
enabling procmail support. Fetchmail has no problems delivering mail ie
kalum@localhost is sent to the correct box..

Thank you for your time...
Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)