RE: [Exim] using the -bh option to test exim

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave C.
Aan: Nancy Pettigrew
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: RE: [Exim] using the -bh option to test exim
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Nancy Pettigrew wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> relay_domains is set to *.
> host_accept_relay is set to one specific IP address.

host_accept_relay controls from which host you will accept mail for
domains other than those listed in either local_domains and
relay_domains..

By setting relay_domains = *, you make host_accept_relay irrelevant,
becuase you indicate you are willing to acccept and delivery mail for
any domain..

Generally you would only want to include domains for which you are a
backup MX in relay_domains. (or leave it empty and use
relay_domains_include_local_mx, which will tell exim to relay for any
domain that has an MX record pointing at the local host)