[Exim] Question about exims security vs qmail?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kalum Somaratna aka Grendel
To: exim-users
Alte Treads: Re: [Exim] using the -bh option to test exim
Betreff: [Exim] Question about exims security vs qmail?
Greetings,
I have used qmail for most of my work, but after visiting and reading
exims manual and a sample configuration file I was struck by how easy exim
is to configure and the number of features supported by exim.

The only question I have to ask is how good is exims security? qmail as we
all know has a reward for anyone cracking it, which has never being
claimed, so it is secure. So how does exim compare with qmail in this
respect? I ask this because in a article called "life with qmail" it's
authour while comparing other packages said that "exim was not very
secure"??

Is this true?

Any help is much appreciated as exim seems to be quite good, from the
manual I read, so I need the above doubts to be clarified.

Best Wishes,
Grendel

Hi, I'm a signature virus. plz set me as your signature and help me spread
:)