[Exim] Re: Time too long

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Riccardo Baldanzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Time too long
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Riccardo Baldanzi wrote:

> I think you are in right about rfc1413_query_timeout.
> But what's the problem if i set rcf1413_query_timeout to 0?
> There is some security problem?

No security problem; just a possible lack of information problem.

If you turn ident off and a user on one of our multi-user machines
abuses your system by telnetting to port 25, I won't be able to be very
helpful because you won't be able to give me back the ident information
that will allow me easily to identify the culprit.

You can restrict ident to certain hosts. Look at rfc1413_hosts.