Re: [Exim] exim retry intervals

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gary Palmer
A: Andrew
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim retry intervals
"Andrew" wrote in message ID
<001401bfe70c$b32c1e20$0500a8c0@???>:
> If u are a secondary mx then u must have some setting in exim to get
> it too work u can't just set ur mailserver as a mx and leave it at
> that.

> u will need to put this in your exim config file
> relay_domains_include_local_mx

> the default retry time is normally 4 days, so It certainly shouldn't
> bounce straight away

Sorry, I should have been clearer. The host can (and has) acted as a
secondary mx for thousands of domain fine, apart from an odd burp
caused by its retry database. We build a list of domains which we
host straight from the nameservers and use that list to generate a cdb
file that we feed into relay_domains. However, the host in question
has been down since the 26th of june, and we have a 5 day cutoff in
the retry rules. The way exim does its hint databases, it sees that
its been down for 5 days, and bounces the message back saying

retry timeout exceeded

While I don't particularly care one way or the other, the customers
have an expectation that the last 5 days of mail will be queued for
them.