Re: [Exim] exim retry intervals

Author: Gary Palmer
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim retry intervals
Philip Hazel wrote in message ID
<Pine.SOL.4.21.0007061345000.23953-100000@???>:
> Obviously you take a different view, but I'm afraid Exim can't be made
> to do per-message retrying like that. For those kinds of errors its
> retrying is firmly host-based.

Actually, its more a customer expectation ... they're used to other
mail products which will hold the last 5 days of mail for them, no
matter what. Our commercial support people will probably kill me for
this too. I think I'm going to have to end up blowing away the retry
database from cron once a day.

I think it would be really nice to have a config option which controls
this behaviour. Would it be difficult to hack into the code?

Thanks Phil