[Exim] Stopping spam - host_reject and sender_reject

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: I.S. Manager
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Stopping spam - host_reject and sender_reject
That's probably everyone's favorite subject.

I'm trying to set up spam stopping. I've put subject filtering by putting
this in the exim.conf file:

    ############
    message_filter = /etc/MAILFILTERS.conf
    ############

and putting this in the message_filter file:

    ############
    if error_message then finish endif

    if $header_subject begins "e-Qualize
your business" or
       $header_subject begins "Avoid Speeding Tickets"

then
            fail text "SPAM is not acceptable at this site"

finish
    endif
    ############

This seems to work.

HOWEVER (here comes the but) I'm having trouble with host_reject_recipients
in that I can't continue the line. I.E. if I put a backslash at the end of
the line and try to put more hosts on the next line, I get a configuration
error. Howcum? The docs say you can do that!

Also, I'm trying to block the spammers@??? . I've put kenvarga.com
in both host_reject_recipients (wrong, I think, because the mail doesn't
actually come from a domain with that name) and in
sender_reject_recipients, which should be right but doesn't work. Am I
correct in my understanding that this tests the 'FROM' header? If so, why
doesn't it work? Should I be putting in "*@kenvarga.com", for instance?

(I sure wish the docs had more samples)

Any assistance appreciated.

NB I know I should be using DBs for this stuff. That's the next step. I
just want to get it working first.

---
Dennis Taylor
---
The opinions expressed herein are mine. Get your own opinions!
---