Re: [Exim] relaying - need domain in a varible

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Bernd Rücker
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relaying - need domain in a varible
On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Bernd Rücker wrote:

[Reformatted to have < 80 characters per line]

> I have exim configured for relaying with authentication. To control

the users I want to verify the sender-address. Therefor I must be able
to have the local part and the domain in a variable to check them
against a passwd-file.

I don't really understand the question. If you are talking about SMTP
authentication, this happens before any messages are sent on an SMTP
connection. Therefore, no sender address is available.