Re: [Exim] System filter and $local_part

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jochen Erwied
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] System filter and $local_part
Typing away merrily, Jochen Erwied produced the immortal words:
> Changing this to calling a script didn't change the behaviour - $local_part
> remains at '<message filter>' Using a per-address filter (as specified in
> the documentation) works, but the logfile still shows '>joe' instead of
> only 'joe' (when using joe@mbs-software/joe@??? as examples)
>
> Is this a bug, or just a misunderstanding of filters?

Something to think on - what happens when a mail is sent to multiple
recipients at your domain, and the sending MTA sends the message in one
transaction, with multiple RCPT TO: commands?

Perhaps an extra director, with the 'unseen' option and a transport
filter which extracts the relevant information for inclusion in a
generated mail is more what you want?

This is at least the way that I would approach it; someone else may
suggest a better method.
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat