Re: [Exim] too many concurent connection

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: J C Lawrence
CC: Philip Hazel, Erry Rahmawan, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] too many concurent connection

claw@??? said:
> I suspect he's running into local-OS based ULIMITs.

Most likely things are the number of processes that can be run by a
single user or the total number of file handles/inodes etc that can be
used over the whole system. Exim does not have any single process that
accumulates resources per concurrent connection (other than the table
of currently running connections in the smtp daemon if that is being
run - and that table is just a block of memory without any associated
file descriptors etc).

In linux the file/inode figures can be tweaked using a /proc/sys entry.
I guess the processes/user can be as well, although I have never hit
that as a limit.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]