Re: [Exim] how to reject mail from a domain ???

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: brent verner
Cc: exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] how to reject mail from a domain ???
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, brent verner wrote:

> I want to reject mail that is addressed to a local user if that
> mail is coming from a spam-box/domain. Can this be (easily) done?
> If so, I could use some pointers -- I'm getting nowhere with
> this on my own :\

If by "from a domain" you mean "from a specific sender", use
sender_reject_recipients.

To reject "all mail from a specific box", use host_reject_recipients.

> for example, I'm accustomed to having a file containing a list
> of domains to reject mail from (using sendmail). Is there an analog
> to this with exim? Could the same dbm files be used?

Certainly DBM files can be used. Dunno if the same ones, though. I'm not
familiar with what Sendmail uses. Check out the descriptions of host
lists and address lists.

I'm not sure why your previous scheme doesn't work, though. Wait! You had

> reject_domains:
>   driver = domainlist
>   self = fail_hard
>   domains = *.zzn.com:*.prontomail.com
>   route_list = * localhost byname

That's a router. It applies only to deliveries *to* those remote domains.
You wanted to reject mail to local addresses *from* those domains, as I
understand it. Hmm. I guess if you added verify_sender and verify_only
to that router, and you had verify_senders turned on globally, it should
fail to verify those senders.

I will do some experiments just to check up that that there isn't a
problem here, but meanwhile, I think that sender_reject_recipients and
host_reject_recipients are probably what you are looking for.