Re: [Exim] virtual domains - popper

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Yann Golanski
To: Paul Robinson
CC: Jeff burton, exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] virtual domains - popper
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 10:16:36AM +0100, Paul Robinson wrote:
> > This means that you'll have to use maildir, though.
>
> (vomits all over floor)... Maildir is such a nice idea, but I can't see the
> performance benefits out-weighing the hassle unless you have lots of
> accounts receiving large amounts of mail greater than 8K in size (or whatever
> the cluster size on your disks are).. when I have lots of money to build big
> mail servers, I'll consider it, but generally it's more hassle than it's worth
> for small sites, IMHO of course.

Maildir are a very good thing (tm) when you need to implement a large
mail system. With Mailboxes, you have to lock to file before writting to
it, and if there are more than one delivery to one user, then they have
to wait... Not good.

For small systems, then who cares realy.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer