Re: [Exim] virtual domains - popper

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Thorkild Stray
Para: Jeff burton
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] virtual domains - popper
On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Jeff burton wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a virtual domains setup but I have one problem, I belive I
> can set up exim to do what I want, but what pop3 program can I use to get the
> virtual domain mail
> my plan is to set up every domin wiht its own /var/spool/mail/domain/user
> but I can't seem to fina poper I can set to get the mail in the same way

You can this with qpopper (there is a patch for it on freshmeat, search
for exim), but since qpopper has severe security flaw, I
would not use it.

You could use qmail-pop3d, with a suitable checkpassword-module. There are
a lot of checkpassword-implementation that support everything from a mysql
db to flat files.

This means that you'll have to use maildir, though.

I use an installation of qmail-pop3d with a virtual exim implementation.

Other than that, cucipop (IIRC) has a patch to use PAM for
authentication. That opens for a lot of alternatives.

--
Thorkild