Re: [Exim] Rejected mail stats

Author: Yann Golanski
To: John Horne
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Rejected mail stats
On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 12:36:46PM +0100, John Horne wrote:
> We currently supply our Manager with a weekly output of the mailhub stats
> using the eximstats script. This shows the throughput (basically), but does
> no indicate the number of rejected messages, attempted relaying, or the
> number of RBL rejected ones (etc). We currently use the '-nr -ne' options
> because with them the output includes the actual addresses, etc and produces
> a big file - not what the boss really wants :-) (He gets the stats as a
> paper copy).
>
> The question is has anyone modifed eximstats or written something to produce
> simple stats of the number of rejected messages? I'm thinking of something
> along the lines of:
>
>           1000000 messages received
>            998000 delivered
>              1000 rejected
>               500 RBL rejected
>               400 Invalid header fields
>               100 Relaying attempts

> That sort of thing. It would simply be tagged onto the end of the stats we
> currently produce. I think it could be useful to see how much mail is being
> rejected as well as being delivered.

Yes. I am currently writting something of that kind. It's not a
modification of eximstat as it does not scale well. It's a full blown C
hack that does log analysing. So far, it compils and core dumps lots.

I'll let you know when it reaches alpha nad will put it on the exim
site. It *should* run on any *nix, as it doesn't do clever stuff with
OS.

If you realy want, I can send you what I have at the moment... but be
awns it eats memory like nothing else at the moment, and one of the
free() I do core dumps it. More after this afternoon... ;>

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer