Re: [Exim] Moving exim server to another machine

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
To: James Pearson
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Moving exim server to another machine
On 29 Jun 00, at 10:03, James Pearson wrote:
> I want to move my mail server to another machine - my plan is to
> shutdown the old server, and bring up the new machine - using the same
> IP address etc.
> However, there will probably be messages waiting to be delivered on the
> old server, therefore I would like to restart exim on the old server to
> send all waiting mail to the new server with no local delivery - is
> there an easy way of doing this. I guess I would have to set up
> something base on a "route_list", but would appreciated some help ...

When you will shut down should be no local delivery in progress.
Then you should backup the user directories on the new server and
start the new one . Then you could give a temporary address to the
old one, and set to deliver to a smart host, that is the new one, this
way if you set it to accept anything from the temporary addres,
would empty the old queue .... and all should be then on the new
machine.

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile