Re: [Exim] Moving exim server to another machine

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Pete Naylor
A: James Pearson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Moving exim server to another machine
James Pearson wrote...

> I want to move my mail server to another machine - my plan is to
> shutdown the old server, and bring up the new machine - using the same
> IP address etc.
>
> However, there will probably be messages waiting to be delivered on the
> old server, therefore I would like to restart exim on the old server to
> send all waiting mail to the new server with no local delivery - is
> there an easy way of doing this. I guess I would have to set up
> something base on a "route_list", but would appreciated some help ...

This sounds like a good plan to me. After you've shut down Exim on the
old machine (and renumbered/renamed the old host) and started up the new
one, make the following changes to the exim.cf on the old machine before
running "/usr/lib/sendmail -qff".

Set...

local_domains =

Add the following as the first router...

smarthost:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = "* new.host.name byname"

... substituting the name of the new host in the last line, of course.

--
Pete Naylor