Re: [Exim] Why is Exim Freezing on 553 errors!!??

Top Pagina
Auteur: Nigel Metheringham
Aan: Allan Rafuse
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Why is Exim Freezing on 553 errors!!??
allan@??? said:
> In the case of spam, like the one below, the bounce back message goes
> to a unknown user and that is why I don't want to send an email back
> to them. I'd like that to work or...

I think you are expecting that fail to be able to produce an SMTP time
error code - which is the ideal way to do things. Unfortunately
filters of any sort do not kick in until the delivery attempt - after
the incoming SMTP transaction has completed.

fail will cause a bounce message, to the original envelope sender

> when it does send an email to the unknown user, this shows up in my
> log and the message is frozen!! WHY??

You have an undeliverable error reply - the docs say this is always
frozen for the admin to deal with.

You would do better to bit bucket the message - ie seen finish

    Nigel.

[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]