Re: [Exim] SNMP and Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Yann Golanski
A: J C Lawrence
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SNMP and Exim
On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 01:01:29AM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
> I'd like to instrument my Exim installations under SNMP via the UCD
> SNMP server's external script feature. Anybody done this, or
> something like this?
>
> Ideally I'd like the same set of stats that eximon graphs, plus
> perhaps max and average spool age. In searching the list archives
> all I've found is an old comment from Philip not to use Eximon as
> its an utter hack.

I wrote a small and very Planet specific set of tools to display graphs
of such things -- see the Exim paper I wrote on
www.kierun.org/academic/ for examples. It will only run on Linux (it
uses messages in /proc architecture which only Linux uses -- I think).

If you realy wanted, I could give it to you, but it has NO documentation
apart from the source code -- which is commented. It is written in C
(perl was too slow to open 5k of spooled messages ;), which is passed to
shell scripts calling rrdtools, then it's outputted on a web page....
Hacks'R'us realy.

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer