Re: [Exim] Alternative addresses for hosts

Top Pagina
Auteur: Gyan Mathur
Aan: C.B.Bayliss
CC: exim-users, gyan
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Alternative addresses for hosts

> We have two systems in one department and they have asked if we can arrange f
> or
> email to be sent to to the other if either is down (as would happen if they
> each had MX records which included the other system). Is there a way of
> getting exim to do this?

Use a domainlist router -- this is indeed described in the on-line
documentation.

For example:

internal:
  transport = remote_smtp
  driver = domainlist
  route_list = " \
    mail1.dept.bham.ac.uk mail1.dept.bham.ac.uk:mail2.dept.bham.ac.uk byname; \
    mail2.dept.bham.ac.uk mail2.dept.bham.ac.uk:mail1.dept.bham.ac.uk byname"

Gyan.