Re: [Exim] filter help

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Tristan Aston
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] filter help
tris@??? said:
> A nasty person is sending huge ammounts of UBE to <random>@domains
> they have set the message subject to be random, and the from address
> is <random>@mydomain

> The main problem is that I'm now getting thousands of bounces.

Set receiver_verify - that will ensure you only receive bounces for
valid addresses at your site.

If you use a smartuser to forward stuff on (thus meaning
receiver_verify won't work) then see if there is a pattern to the
<random>@mydomain. Often these will be sent using something like an 8
character pattern, if you can regexp this with something that has a
high hit rate on the faked sending user but does not impact your normal
username set, then set it up as a smartuser director which *rejects*
the addresses.

After that its down to pattern matching in the filter... with the
problem that the headers on the original message are in the body of the
bounce message and may be abscent entirely.

Make sure you complain to the ISP sourcing this stuff - remember that
forging your address set is illegal in most places - and actionable.

    Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]