Re: [Exim] Freeze and Fail Filter commands

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Jason
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Freeze and Fail Filter commands
On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Jason wrote:

> Philip
>
> Could you make these work more like the mail filter command
> I think many people would like the option of sending a response back.
>
> Such things as would be nice would be
> freeze [from]
>           [[expand] file]
>           [subject]
>           [cc]
>           [bcc]
>           [log]
>           [once]
> You should be not allow for adding sending a to: address.  No need to.

I do not understand what you are trying to do here. Freeze just freezes
the message on the queue, and fail bounces it - what do you want it to
do with the values of all those options? Send a message somewhere? If
so, then what is wrong with

mail .....
freeze

i.e. just use two commands? If you use "fail", a response *does* go back
- the normal bounce message, possibly with the text you specify for
"fail".

Am I missing something here?