著者: Alexei V. Alexandrov
To: Jeffrey Goldberg
CC: exim-users
題目: Re[2]: [Exim] Quota
Hello Jeffrey,

Monday, June 26, 2000, 11:59:34 PM, you wrote:

JG> On Jun 26, 2000 Alexei V. Alexandrov <ava@???> wrote:

>> I have a question to about quotas. I have seen the list about quotas
>> on domains. I have the following situatin: virtual hosts with
>> several mailboxes in them - i can only limit disk usage to a
>> particular user or a file... can i limit to domain?

JG> Do you have more than one username per domain? If not, you can use the
JG> system (not exim) user quota mechanism. Otherwise, I suppose that you
JG> could set up a filesystem for each virtual domain and limit that.

This is not actually true to me: i have the following setup of virtual
domains -- the domain is owned by a real user, say user1 has mapping
to domain1.com he has the ability to create independent mailboxes in
his domain (a kind of virtual users) mail comming to these virtual
users is owned (the mailbox) by user: user1 and group: mail. I was
thinking about creating a perlscript to sum all mailboxes sizes
depending on the user who owns these boxes, but i don`t know the
actual mechanism on who to tell exim from a perl script that the quota
has exceded or came to a threshold. Any ideas?
JG> Some fancier file systems (it think AFS) might be able to put quotas on
JG> groups of users.

This is a an OS dependent feature. I don`t want to do it.
>> So i can count
>> the sizes of mailboxes in this domain and send a warning to each
>> mailbox if they have reached the maximum? Can anyone help me with
>> this problem.

JG> I really think that that is probably a job best left to perl, or some
JG> similar tool if you really do have several UIDs per virtual host.

Best regards,
Alexei V. Alexandrov                   [AA4460, AVA32-RIPN, AA1829-RIPE]
*** Alexei V. Alexandrov -- www.elcomsoft.com ---- ava@??? ***
*** PGP Fingerprint:        6550 3949 FA86 E559  3036 E09F BBD9 B0C5 ***