Re: [Exim] frozen messages - only for my intrest

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: robert rotman
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] frozen messages - only for my intrest
On Sun, Jun 25, 2000 at 09:31:20PM +0200,
robert rotman <rotman@???> is thought to have said:

> hello,
>
> I'm still in doubt with frozen messages...
>
> for example i have a message with following header:

> Remote sender: <>
> Recipients:
>     clickitnow@???

> P Received: from exim by mail.xxx.xx with local (Exim 3.14 #1)
>     id 135YMk-0007U3-00
>     for clickitnow@???; Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:39:46 +0200
> F From: info@one_local_doma.in
> T To: clickitnow@???
>   Subject: Re:  Mercury and Digest 2000.06.22
>   Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 20:39:46 +0200

> clickitnow@??? says "USER UNKNOWN" but the "From-adress" is ok:
>
> so my question:
>
> why doesn't exim send the error-message to the from-field?
>

> robert

Because the envelope from of the message is "<>" and Exim doesn't generate
a bounce to a null sender (because in cases of legitimate mail a sender of
"<>" denotes an error message being returned to sender or some other mail
from the remote MTA).

You might want to look into the receiver_verify option to prevent this
mail from ever getting to your queue. When the to recipient address
doesn't exist, the message will be rejected during the SMTP session.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality