Re: [Exim] forced delivering

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: patoc
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] forced delivering
How does your ISP delivery your mail to you? Are they the lowest-MX,
and they deliver it to a mailbox for you to retrieve via POP3 (In which
case you might want to consider the fetchmail package - its not really
the 'right' way to do mail delivery, but it works)

Or, if your linux box, is at a static IP address, you could have your
DNS provider point the lowest MX for your domain to your box, and
discuss backup MX with your ISP (possibly with the ability to use ETRN
if you are not always connected, to request that they deliver your
mail).

Your best bet in any case, is probably to contact your ISP, and discuss
what you need with them. Make sure you ask for person that operates the
mail and/or DNS systems there - generally their front-line tech support
wont be able to help.