Re: [Exim] unrouteable mail domain

Author: dss
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] unrouteable mail domain
Jonathan Haynes <J.Haynes@???> wrote:

> Are these .com domains? There was a message on the uk-mail-managers
> list yesterday saying that one of the root nameservers seems to have
> lost all .com information!

Ah yes! One was "citria.com", and the other was "compfutures.com",
and both of these failed at 11:42 yesterday (22nd June).

Perhaps I should have explained that I am currently running exim on a
low-volume mail server to gain experience. Had it been on a busy server,
and had I had more experience of exim, then the sudden failure of a large
number of ".com" addresses might have tipped me off that there was a DNS
problem.

Thanks for that.

There was one other "unrouteable mail domain" incident today, but in the
light of the above I will wait and see whether any more failures of this
type show up in future before I start to worry that I have misconfigured
something.

Regards,

Dave