Re: [Exim] queued message management

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Gyan Mathur
To: sys044
CC: exim-users, gyan
Betreff: Re: [Exim] queued message management

'Afternoon John

> I am using "split_spool_directory" and wonder why the queue directory
> is not output with "exim -bp" or any of its varients.

You don't need it, just the message ID. You should never tinker with
the actual queue files other than by using one of Exim's utilities.

> I would also like to delete messages from the queue or force return,
> "-Mg" and "-Mrm" but their parameter is a list of message-ids which are
> not printed with the queue.

Eh?

$ exim -bpu

 6d  1.1K 132ueT-000B0Z-00 <#######@nl.demon.net>

and 132ueT-000B0Z-00 is the message ID.

> Perhaps someone could explain why the seeming inconsistency exists
> in case I am approaching message management in the wrong direction.

There isn't any inconsistency -- the tools all work!

Gyan.