RE: [Exim] Can anybody help a new Linus user ??

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: o.cook
To: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Can anybody help a new Linus user ??
As far as I recall I did the following:

cd /usr/src/
wget ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-3.14.tar.gz
tar -xvzf exim-3.14.tar.gz
cd exim-3.14
cp src/EDITME Local/Makefile
vi Local/Makefile <---- EDIT FOR YOUR SYSTEM
make
make install

then i hacked up a configuration file and put it at /usr/exim/configure
and used /usr/exim/bin/exim -bd to start the exim daemon.

That was basically it I think. Oh, 3.15 is out now so you may want to nick
that. I'm not sure if the procedure is any different than for 3.14 - I
wouldn't imagine so.

Anyone care to lend any more advice?

Ol.