Re: [Exim] Understanding directors + deleting duplicate mess…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Michael Stevens
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Understanding directors + deleting duplicate messages
On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 10:59:54PM +0100, James R Grinter wrote:
> identically.
> if you've got customers, it's not a good idea to be ignoring
> 'duplicates' in this manner.

I'd argue it's good, as it will force people to get a better quality
mail system. If a popular mail system generated viruses with every email
you wouldn't argue that therefore we should make allowances and let
viruses through. Admittedly, message-id brokenness isn't such a serious
problem, but my point is that it's in the best interests of all involved for
such messages to be rejected.