[Exim] smartuser/localuser differences

Author: Jim Pazarena
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] smartuser/localuser differences
I created an unseen DIRECTOR with a "smartuser" driver to pick out ONE
of my multiple domain names and send an email back to the sender with
a message similar to an "on holidays message", while flowing thru to
the regular localuser director for local delivery.

Then I clued in that "smartuser" doesn't validate the local part. While
"localuser" DOES. So I changed the unseen DIRECTOR to a "localuser" driver.

I'm unsure if switching to "localuser" was correct. I think I could have
also left the "smartuser" but included the option "check_local_user".
It seems to me that both ways would accomplish the same thing.
Is there something I am missing here?
--
Jim Pazarena    mailto:paz@qcislands.net
                http://www.qcislands.net/paz