Re: OT: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: OT: [Exim] Adding a disclaimer to out going
Quoth V. T. Mueller on Fri, Jun 16, 2000:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> > Don't the lawyers understand that people don't read this stuff?
>
> Their logic is that of "oh, you *should have* read that my boy..."

Oh, right. I should read the twenty badly formatted lines
stating the obvious in lawyer English. Jeffrey Goldberg had a
fine example of this stuff. They would probably soon write on
tea mugs something like "This is a tea mug, don't use it as a
hat" soon. Oh waitaminit, they already do similar things in the
States.

Oh, BTW, this thingie is an e-mail message, in case you haven't
noticed. And I suspect that disclaimers written according to the
laws of some country may not be applicable in another country.
In case you Postmaster guys don't know, e-mail tends to cross
borders, sometimes even in the case when the sender and the
recipient are in the same country (for example, there are lots of
Israeli companies which have their e-mail sent to their US
servers in any case before it exits the company's network).

> > Or sould we play the game called Kill-A-Lawyer?
>
> Rather no. It would make two (at least) other lawyers rich.

But this should keep them away from disclaimers for a couple of
years.

Vadik.

--
The reader this message encounters not failing to understand is
cursed.