Re: [Exim] I'm having a senior moment...

Author: Bruce Bowler
To: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I'm having a senior moment...
At 11:03 AM 6/15/00 , you wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Bruce Bowler wrote:
>
> > running exim 3.13, redhat 6.1, user=bcb) my .forward file looks like
> >
> >       # exim filter <<<< ------ Do not delete
> >       if $header_subject: contains "Data Ready for FTP--Sub"
> >       then
> >               pipe "/usr/exim/bin/exim bowler@???"

>Why are you calling out to exim again? If you want to deliver the
>message to that address, why not just use

Because...

> > I use the pipe to deliver to the other node so errors come to me, rather
> > than the original sender.

At least in the past, (earlier versions of exim) if something bad happens
in the process on seadas.bigelow.org, the error goes back to the person
that sent me the message.  I _DONT_ want that to happen...
Bruce Bowler            +1.207.633.9600            BBowler@???

Never let a fool kiss you or a kiss fool you.
- Joey Adams