Re: [Exim] Antivirus for Exim/SMTP?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Antivirus for Exim/SMTP?
Some of these software vendors have very idiotic views on
licensing. Personally, I try to avoice software that isnt GPL..

What if you scan a piece of mail for viruses, and then forward it to
someone else?! Gasp! You need another license for that other person.

What if you are scanning outgoing mail!? Gasp! You need a license for
every email address you send to!

Unless they have some way of checking, and/or you have some serious
worry about legal repercussion, I would tell them where to go with
their license.. Run the virus under the 'exim' user, and tell them its
only running as one user.