Re: [Exim] General

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Jason
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] General
On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Jason wrote:

> First of welcome back Philip... how was the R and R?

Far too good. Not long enough. I recommend Crete in early June.

> Second umm when you look at redoing the documentation, could ya kindly
> include more documentation specifically relating to regex?, as one of my
> strings took a few days to get to work, because the regex that did work
> under pcretest, didn't even come close to working under exim, actually they
> were vastly different.

Hmm. Was this because of quoting things? I do all my testing under
pcretest. Then, when copying into an Exim configuration you have to
remember:

. Quote \ and $ and { and } if the regex appears in an expanded string.

. Quote \ (again) if the regex appears in a double-quoted string.

. Remember to double any : if the regex appears in a colon-separated
list.

I thought I had made this point several times in the manual, with some
horrendous examples.

The latest Exim doesn't need doublequotes in order to continue config
settings, so that should make things much simpler. Double quotes are now
needed only if you want escapes like \n somewhere. I made this change
when I got fed up of trying to explain all the quoting and give strings
full of \\\\ when writing the book. Easier to change the code!