Re: [Exim] Forwarding all mail

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Dave C.
To: Dan Kappus
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Forwarding all mail
On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Dan Kappus wrote:

> I'm migrating everything from one machine to another.
>
> What I want to do when the switch is ready is to make it so that
> there is only one director which matches all local mail, and the
> transport it uses merely sends all the mail elsewhere.
>
> This will solve the problem of messages received while the new
> MX=0 for the new machine is still propagating.
>
> I've not got enough knowledge to be able to pop this off the top
> of my head. Can someone provide some pointers?

The simplest way, would be to use the default/normal exim confiruation,
set the old machine as MX=100, and set relay_domains_inlcude_local_mx
(sp?)

The the machine will relay for the domains that are MX'ed to it, and
will presumbaly have access to the updated DNS with the new best MX,
and will just send it there.

(By the way, I never use MX 0.. I use 10 as the lowest.. I've found
found that a small number of MTA's get confused by 0 - it also leaves
you room underneath if you need to temporarily set an MX 5 or
something..