Re: [Exim] Snooping

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jason
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Snooping
On 11 Jun 2000, at 14:00, Dave C. wrote:

> I'm assuming you have errors_copy_postmaster (or whatever it is) set.

The only reason for this, when I do it, is to monitor what's not going out, so
as I can come up with a list of bad addresses. Some of the big ones is to
find spammers or others. But I will not log mail from/to people. unless in one
recent case, we had inside our office, someone who was attempting to
violate both SEC laws, as well as to do something without consent of the
Board's premission which required such action (eg. sell the company), it was
requested for this purpose, which we did find a fair bit of evidence in his
attempts of both.
But otherwise the amount of email I work with It's not a priority, to monitor all
email.

> Personally I, loathe that behaviour. It is not a postmaster's job to
> hold people's hands.
>
> If someone tries to send mail to an invalid address, the system should
> send it back to them, and not bother me. If they aren't bright enough
> to figure out what it means then they should reconsider wether they are
> qualified to use Internet email.

---
Jason Robertson
Network Analyst