Re: [Exim] Hashed Home Directories??

Author: robert rotman
To: Brian K. West
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Hashed Home Directories??

i dont know exactly but it must be somthing like:
/home/${substr_0_1:$localpart}/${local_part}/.mail.

look at the documentation of "substr".

robert

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Brian K. West wrote:

> Currently we deliver mail to .mail in the users home directory via procmail
> and would like to do the same with exim. Any Ideas on how to do this? And
> we have hashed home directories. Plus Hashed home directories are a plus
> when you have 2000+ users.

it depends on the filesystem and OS;)

> > On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Brian K. West wrote:
> >
> > > I have a question on hashed home Directories..
> > >

> > > /home/u/username/
> > >
> > > I couldnt find anything in the FAQ that gave me any clue as to what I
> needed
> > > to do,
> > > but the logical thing on a localuser would be : ${home_directory}/.mail
> > >
> > > Let me know if I am headed in the right direction.
> > >

> > what do you want to do?
> > why do you need hashed popdrops?
> > what do you want to do with ${home_directory}/.mail?
> > i dont know this specification what is it good for?
> >
> > robert

---
di. robert rotman                                   inode.graz
phone -> ++43-(0)316 813141       ++43-(0)316 818600/15 <- fax
rotman@???                      http://www.graz.inode.at/
--
this letter was written on recycled bytes used by deleted mail.